Wednesday, 20 February 2008
Tuesday, 19 February 2008
Monday, 18 February 2008
Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you - but first, let me do this."
He proceeded to crumple the 20 dollar note up. He then asked. "Who still wants it?" Still the hands were up in the air.
"Well," he replied, "what if I do this?" He dropped it on the
ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?"
Still the hands went into the air.
"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No
matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20.
Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless; but no matter what happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value.
Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still
priceless to those who love you. The worth of our lives comes, not in what we do or who we know, but by ...WHO WE ARE.
You are special - don't ever forget it."
To read other Monday morning Inspirations click here.
Sunday, 17 February 2008
Qucik shop AU contains more than 5000 shops and more than 5.5 million products , which is the highest compared to the other online shopping sites in Australia. You can find any product ranging from household goods to techi stuff here , making your online shopping experience quick and easy.
The site also has reviews on both shops as well as products helping its customers bag the best deal. Check out Quick shop AU and shop quick and easy.
Monday, 11 February 2008
"You can go," said the lieutenant, "but i don't think it will be worth it. Your friend is probably dead and you may throw your life away." The lieutenant's advice didn't matter, and the soldier went anyway. Miraculously he managed to reach his friend, hoist him onto his shoulder and bring him back to their company's trench. As the two of them tumbled in together to the bottom of the trench, the officer checked the wounded soldier, and then looked kindly at his friend.
"I told you it wouldn't be worth it," he said. "Your friend is dead and you are mortally wounded." "It was worth it, though, sir," said the soldier. "What do you mean; worth it?" responded the Lieutenant. "Your friend is dead" "YES, Sir" the private answered. "But it was worth it because when i got to him, he was still alive and i had the satisfaction of hearing him say, "JIM........, I KNEW YOU'D COME."
Many times in life, whether a thing is worth doing or not, really depends on how u look at it. Take up all your courage and do something your heart tells you to do so that you may not regret not doing it later in your life.."May each and every one of you be blessed with the company of TRUE FRIENDS." "A true friend is one who walks in, when the rest of the world walks out." War doesn't determine who's right. War only determines who's left.
Sunday, 10 February 2008
Tata crucible quiz contest is conducted twice in India every year - the campus quiz and the corporate quiz. This time over, in a months time the Tata crucible campus quiz will hit Chennai for the 4th consecutive year.
Tata crucible was started in the year 2004 by the TATA group to bring together the sharpest young minds of the country. Now its gone a step further and has become an international biz quiz starting from last year where it made its first international prescence felt in Singapore.
Chennai will see its piece of the this happening quiz on March 8th . It has already started in many parts of the country. To check out more details about TATA Crucible click here.
The closest MRT station is the Bugis MRT, which was about 15mins away from the place we stayed, we took a MRT to City hall from Somerset and took the EW line MRT to reach Bugis.
I would say this place should be a must on every tourists/shoppers must visit list for the completley different street shopping experience the place has to offer compared to the malls in the city.
The tender coconuts they sell here (Singapore) are very tasty and helps a veggie like me survive in S'pore. They are imported from Thailand and you can find them in most parts of Singapore. A healthy and a refreshing way to beat the tropical climate.
There are numerous hawker centres in the bugis area but it is kinda hard to find out veggie food stuff so we headed to Little India and we tried out the "Banana leaf" restaurant and opted for the traditional full meal :) (ya, that's how I grinned when I saw the pallete as well )
After lunch we did a little more shopping at Bugis mall, adjacent to the Bugis MRT where we picked up a couple of leather goods. After which we headed to our room to refresh our selves for the night's adventure.
We planned to go to the night Safari , it was an hour journey - A MRT to Ang mo kio and then we took the 138 bus to the zoo.
It was a completley new experience to see the animal life in night. We reached the place a little late than we had planned, so missed out on the tribal show :( . But luckily we were able to catch up with "Creatures of the night show" with a fox, Huge snake , Owl and a few more night animals. It was fun except for the snake which made me completley go pale when I found out that it was put in a box jus' few steps behind us in the amphitheatre .. After all the fun and adventure we took the Orchard to Night safari express bus and returned back to our hotel.
That is how my third day at S'pore went by. To read my first and second day experiences click here.
Saturday, 9 February 2008
Take any locality and there are a variety of care homes starting from infants to old age people. Whether good or bad care home have become the need of the hour with most of the middle aged people busy with their work. At this point bettercaring.com comes in handly for those looking out for care homes in their locality. It is not jus' a care home locating site, it also offers a lot of tips related to health issues and things one would need to look for while moving into a care home and so on.
Its not jus' about moving into care home, incase you want in home nurses to look after sick and old age people you can find those details too.
Take care and care for others as well!
The next one is "you make my day" award
I would like to pass this award to Lena, Melanie, Shanthini, Anoop, Vasanthan, Drama diva.
And the last but not the least award is the "Excellent blogger award"I would like to pass this on to Lena, Melanie, Preetilata, Anoop, Shionge and Vasanthan.
Enjoy your awards and have a great weekend! :)
Well, If you had no clue as to what I was talking about till now. You may have to check out the beginners guide to online gambling which teaches the various tips involved in the world of gambling . Happy playing!
Thursday, 7 February 2008
Wednesday, 6 February 2008
As for this one, Lena over at Smile!Tomorrow could be a lot worse has tagged me to list out the things I love and hate.
Tuesday, 5 February 2008
Apart from getting your own domain name with the region of your choice.The site also offers additional services to its customers in the form of 24/7 Customer Support, free Email hosting, free URL forwarding, free managment tools, free member account, free renweal reminders and much much more..
The charges for domain registration start as low as $11.95 per year. If you have no idea as to how to select your domain, the site offers its own guide to make the process more simple for its customers. Check it out and start your own website right away and worry no more about your renweals as you will promptly be reminded at the right time.
Monday, 4 February 2008
One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do.Finally he decided since the animalwas old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway, it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey. So, the farmer invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed shovels, and began to shovel dirt into the well.
All the other farm animals were very upset about this, because the donkey was their friend. But they discovered there was nothing they could do to help him. At first, when the donkey realized what was happening, he cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement, he quieted down. A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well, and was astonished at what he saw.
With every shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off, and take a step up on the dirt as it piled up. As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well, and trotted off!
MORAL: Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. But each trouble can be a stepping stone. What happens to you isn't nearly as important as how you react to it. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not giving up!
Shake it off, and take a step up!
To read other Monday morning Inspirations click here
Sunday, 3 February 2008
1) It is important to be liked by others : Well, not necessarily . I believe one should first like themself and be the way they want to be than changing the way they are to be liked by others . If people like you the way you are then it is fine :)
2) Obedience is a virtue: I don't agree to this either. I don' think one has to be blindly obedient as this might not really help them in the future. Never get worried even if your decisions turn out to be not too perfect as it will jus' add to your experience and make you wise. At a later part in your life, you will regret for things you have missed out than the things you did in an incorrect way.
3) People are not malicious but they become so because of bad experiences orcircumstances: Bad situations would have changed the way people behave, but that I feel is jus' an excuse to blame others or things that has happened to get away with their behaviour. I consider a person who behaves best under a bad situation with a high regard as everyone would put our best feet forward under normal situations . I think it is these bad experiences or situations that differentaites people.
4) Education broadens our view and makes people more humane: I do agree education broadens our view but about making people humane I doubt it?? Even people from remote villages who have minimal access to good education have a good way of thinking and behaviour may be they jus' have to be groomed a little more to go to the next higher level. On the other hand I don' think all city brought up people are great thinkers or behave more humane than their other counter parts .
Most of all it is the individuals personal values and what one wants to make of himself/herself that makes all the difference.
5) People who have no money troubles are happier:Not really, I don' think money is the only thing that makes a person either happy or sad . There are innumerable factors . So, I don't really think the millionaries/ billionaries out there are really happy .
6) As people get older they get wiser:It depends. If one is old it doesnt necessarily mean that they are wiser as one doesn't get wise with age but the experiences they come across in life .
7) You can live on love and fresh air: Love and fresh air are much needed but is not the only thing that
8) There is a celestial guardian angel looking after each one of us:I do belive in it.. Each of us have a different name for it and I call it god :) . I don' know if its true or not but this helps me to be the way I am :)
9) All living beings reincarnate.I don’t believe in this. Thou' I have heard there are stuffs like that and have also felt like I have been in some place already even thou have never been there before I still don' believe in the concept of reincarnation.
10) Heaven and Hell are places you go to after death. I'm not too sure of this thing one too but would like to think so as it helps one stay good and stay away from the bad.
Thanks for tagging me Anoop. Really enjoyed doing this meme . I would like to tag Shanthini akka, Vasanthan, Lena, Noushy, Drama Diva
This is an official site of the Europe's premier international rugby tournament, involving six nations. To find all the details of the tournament like results, news, regular updates and also interactive games and podcast sessions for the six nation fans.
Apart from all that, there is also a fan zone filled with wall paper, screen savers and much much more waiting to be grabbed .It is not that you have to drop by their site each time to keep you updated of the happenings, you can also subscribe to their news letter to keep you updated of the happenings of the RBS 6 Nations rugby tournameny. Check out the site and have some serious fun!
Saturday, 2 February 2008
One evening I was quite jobless in my hostel when me and a couple of friends planned to catch up with a movie called 'Vazthukal' meaning 'Wishes' staring Madhavan and Bhavana in the lead roles. When I recall the day I saw the movie I can't stop grinning. Well,it was nothing funny but the fact that you can never find a word or phrase in any language other than tamil, a rare reality in the current scenario.
I don' suggest you to watch the movie as its not all that great, but I do encourage students who have their tamil exam the following day to catch up with the movie as it will sure help them score better :)
Have a great weekend ! Will take up all your tags soon. Thanks for staying in touch :)