Saturday 22 January 2011

Movie Review - Siruthai & Aadukalam

Come Diwali or Pongal and there are a series of movies lined up for release and this time over it was Siruthai, Aadukalam, Kaavalan and Ilanignyan

*No spoilers*

Having watched two of the four movies released, I liked Aadukalam over Siruthai and don't really intend watching the other two movies .. May be kaavalan when it is on TV.

Aadukalam

I liked the first half of the movie better than the second, nevertheless the movie was a complete package .. good acting by Dhanush and others .. nice songs too, I in particular like yathe yathe and otha solale more when I saw the song as a part of the movie. I am not a great fan of Dhanush but in this case I doubt if any other actor could have played this role so well.

My rating: 7.5/10

Siruthai

Rocket Raja (Karthi) and Pattu poochi (santhanam) get the audience into splits with their witty one - liners that I think was the only good thing about the movie .. Not a very appealing show by Tamanna. Good story line and is a tinge heavy on violence.

My rating: 7/10

How did you like the pongal movie releases ???



6 comments:

sheila said...

didn't see any...so wouldn't know :)

Sriram JP said...

after seeing mammadan ambu I m going to keep away from tamil movies for sometime!

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Sheila

Okay .. guess the Manmadhan ambu effect is still prevailing.

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Sriram

lol .. I understand :p .. Don't stay away for too long .. looks like there are some good tamil movies lined up for release.

Arv said...

Hi... havent seen any yet...

but yea... aadukalam has been rated better out of all other releases....

should catch Dhobi Ghat too before it leaves the screens; sadly such movies dont run well in our country :(

take care,
Arv.

Anonymous said...

I felt that Ayyayo song in Adukalam better than the other two you have mentioned.