Sunday 13 November 2011

Time is Precious .. !

When I was just checking out Indiblogger site, I came across the Surf Excel Matic's Get smart contest .. Looking at the topic for the contest .. It brought on an instant smile in my face, specially on a Sunday evening when you think of getting extra 2 hours to do what you like to do, it can't get any better ..

While I was thinking about it, there were just too many things that came to my thought and how I missed doing stuff that I love so much ...

It takes two to tango ... but with two hours everday I would opt to go to dance class. It is something that I always loved doing but never got the time to learn it professionally ..

I am also thinking of learning cooking .. 2 more hours a day would certainly help me try out a new dish each day .. even if it is going to mean making a mess of the place or my clothes (Surf Excel Hai na .. ;) )

I would love to blog .. there is just so much of thought and so many experiences that I come across everyday and having got into the habit of blogging about almost anything .. I find the experience to be incomplete when I don't blog about them .. Blogging in the move would be great as well .. !

Two extra hours over the weekend would also mean time for long drives, a little bit of cleaning my room ..

I might also catch up with reading, doing my daily bit of walking, getting in touch with friends from school and college, spend time with family at home and visit friends whom I haven't met for many months now ..


I would really love to hear what you would do, if you had two extra hours ??

Thanks to Indiblogger and Surf Excel Matic to have come up with this competition. It actually made me think of things that I love doing and would make me conciously devote sometime to do them all :) :)

If you like my post, do vote for me here.

22 comments:

karthik s said...

the "Surf Excel Hai na" part, genius! :)

karthik s said...

and yes ppl, this is my post for the same contest. @shals: forgive me for using your blog space as advertising but wat to do, sishyanuku guru dhaana help pannanum ;)

http://kihtrakblogshere.blogspot.com/2011/11/those-extra-two-hours.html

ctrl+c, ctrl+v the link, paste it on your browser and hit enter.

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Karthik

Thanks !! :)

Aww.. no apologies .. Im happy to publicise ur post as well :) :)

sheila said...

better spend the time to learn cooking Shalu...can't wait to come sample your dishes :P
if i had extra 2 hrs, wud spend it dreaming and planning travels :)

btw...whats the prize for the competition??

voted for U and for your friend who got OC publicity :) :)

karthik s said...

@shals: :)
@sheila: ha ha thank u so much ma'm :) prizes include ipad2's, playbooks and lot more.

The Solitary Writer said...

well..i bet its the best things to do you have listed ...and i am sure you will find time soon for all those things ..

Do check my post on my blog for the Contest

Indian Citizen Ranting said...

Very cool post. Simple pleasures of life can be so closely relished instead of hurriedly rushing across moment to moment. :) Best of luck. Please do visit my post Aye Zindagi!

pramod said...

what a beautiful penning. extra time to go to blogging, cool.

joel fernandes said...

short and sweet shalini,i like the fact that you blog at every chance you get,coz blogging is all about publicizing your thuoghts to the world! best lukc for the contest too :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Sheila

Sure thing! I would love to plan travel as well and make a trip to U.S. :)

Thanks for the votes :):)

The prize could be iPad or playbook or any other surprise gifts :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@The Solitary Writer

Thanks a lot :) I wish I get the time to do them all as well :)

Will visit your blog soon! Best wishes to you for the contest :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Ranting Indian

So true, its the finer things in life that add beauty.. :) I wish we all get more time to enjoy them!

I really liked your post and have voted for you as well :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Pramod

Thank you very much! Ya, any time I have the first thing I want to do is blog :) Guess, I'm just a bit too addicted to blogging and don't get to blog as much as I want to..

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@joel

Thank you very much! best wishes to you too .. :) Blogging has become a part and parcel of life, it used to be an everyday activity but not any more. That is what I miss doing now.

Anonymous said...

cool thinking...good luck..promoting this one..loved t..
here s mine..hv a luk
http://zradar.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/we-learn-with-time-and-burn-the-same/

Chitz said...

nice post

Two hours Free? You Kiding Me Right?!!!

Anonymous said...

You said you'd like to read more? Well, try reading Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood. I won't say anything in its praise, you read it, and fall in love with it yourself :)

Lovely post, did I say that? :)

Could you read my entry into the very same contest? And if you like it, give it a vote? I'd be most grateful :)

http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=90039

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@zradar

Thank you very much :) :) Will visit your blog soon!

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Chitz

Thank you very much !! :) Will be there to see your blog soon.

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@thestorytellerslostpages

I will try reading Norwegian wood .. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Glad to know you liked my post, will visit yours soon :) :)

Unknown said...

It clearly shows ur creativity :).i liked ur post n also promoted..
Check out mine..
The Girl i loved . . .
http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=88938
If u like it..promote it..:)
all the best :)

amar naik said...

nice read. all the best for contest