The title of my blog post is one of the topics about which I could blog and get nominated to be the winner at the Share life blogger contest being held at Indiblogger. The minute I came across this topic , there was an instant rephrasing of words that happened in my mind which eventually turned to be "My Phone - friend for life", such has been the impact of mobile phones.
The first time I handled a mobile phone was during my 8th grade, when my parents got their mobile phone, three years from then when I entered my higher secondary schooling my parents gifted me one and I was so excited at just the thought of handling it everyday. But sadly I happened to be using a post paid connection back then (8 years ago) and messages were chargeable in post paid those days and the thought of the mobile bill having arrived used to send out a chill in my spine as my mobile bill was always a four digit number.
To save my self from all these I switched to a prepaid number when I entered college and text messages (SMS) turned out to be free which meant more forwards being sent across the network. Eight years have passed from the time I got my first phone and I happened to use 7 different phones until now, but I still have that special feeling for my first mobile phone which I have still safely have it with me.
With mobile phone came a lot of fun factor and factors which meant more than just fun
- With text messaging came a whole new way in which the world communicated. There used to be days when I got hundreds of forwards and in the initial days I was so thrilled I made a note of them all - jokes, friendship quotes, inspirational messages...
- games in mobile phones grew to be more than snake and bounce.
- It turned out to be an easier way to connect with family and friends. Hadn't it been for mobile phones and social networking I doubt if I would friends with half the number of people I connect with today.
- Some of the best pictures of fun times were captured with my phone camera, making me wonder if I at all I would have ever took so many pics in my life hadn't it been for the cam in my phone.
- The music from my phone along with the FM in it gave me company during my long journey to college and my evening walks.
- Now things have only gotten better with gprs that I stay connected online via phone all the time that I am awake .. which means more blog posts.. more tweets and feel so handicapped without internet and my phone.
- It also contributed to the eco friendliness of the society - no more phone books, no more buying of planners or calenders, no more of bits in exam.. I've seen people taking a pic of a diagram in the phone and using it for exams...
- There have been numerous times when my mobile phone has been my torch through darkness. To know the date and time I reach out to my phone .. my phone sends me reminders for all the birthdays and anniversaries .. it just know all that i want and gives it to me at the right time when i need them. Truly a friend indeed.
That is the way I got to know and have been living with my phone. I eat, sleep, work, play, dance, blog all with my mobile phone. The first thing my hand reaches out to when I get up in the morning is my phone and the last thing I do in the night before hitting the bed is to set the alarm in my phone. I am so glad to being part of the generation in which mobile phone was introduced and is being extensively used at this rate and more..
My friend has really changed the way things work in my life all for my good, it was slow and gradual but has had a lasting impact. I am sure there would be a lot more positive impacts with mobile phones getting smarter and that I am yet to own one of smarter versions.
If you like my post, please vote for me at Indiblogger. You can click on the promote this post button to vote for me. Thank you :)