Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Happy Holi !


Holi , the festival of colors always reminds me of my holi days in school , my previous colony where I used to stay and the fun we had in college last year .. But, the best times were always in school .


Sneaking the packets of colors into my school bag , running around with colors and splashing them on your dearest pal, getting caught with teachers, visit friend's place, spoil the interiors of my car (Gosh! how much of scoldings) , trying to clean up as much before entering home, begging my mom to let me play holi with colony friends, cycling around with friends , dance, music ... This is one festival that I really cherish a lot , even thou' its not all that popular in this part of the country (Chennai, India) .


Wishing all my blog buddies a very colorful life :) and a happy holi too!

16 comments:

akanksha said...

Happy Holi! :D

jayashree swaminathan said...

dis holi was total fun indeed! and one of the most colorful posts in ur blog shals!

--xh-- said...

Happy Holi :)

Sharmilee! :) said...

Colorful write up...Happy Holi!!!

Arv said...

You are right... over here... it aint as popular and besides my memories are from the childhood days... nothing much happens now on holi :)

Have a nice day da... take care... cheers...

Vasanthan said...

sorry no such luck here in Singapore. i can see that you had a very colorful one, enjoy!

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Happy Holi :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Akanksha

Thanks dear , hope you had a great holi too :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Jayashree

Yup, we indeed had loads of fun this time . Thou' it wasn't anythin related to holi we still had our own fun :)

As for the colorful post, yea its holi special ;)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Anoop

Thanks, wish you the same :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Sharmilee

Thanks dear, hope you had a fun filled holi too :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Arv

Cherish them :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Vasanthan

It was a fun day, but didnt really celebrate holi .

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@PK

Thanks dear :) belated wishes to you too!

Vasanthan said...

what do u mean, didn't really?
did you or did not? :-|

seriously i don understand when ppl say " not really".
please enlighten me. :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Vasanthan

My didn't really meant - I had fun on the day of holi but thats got nothing to do with playing with colors :)

Our classes were suspended the second half and we had our own fun :)