Thursday 14 June 2012

Meet the Bakers !

I love to write as much as I love good food, so when I get an opportunity to write about food there is no better reason that gets me back to blogsville :)

If somebody asked me what's news in the Chennai front , the first thing I usually come up with is there is this new place that has opened so we might go there for may be lunch or dinner over the weekend. But, to anybody whom I spoke to over the last few months there haven't been any conversation that ended without discussing about the amazing stuff the home bakers in Chennai create.

I honestly don't remember the last time I ordered cake from a cake shop, I'm sure it's been more than a year.  

When the best of Home Bakers from Chennai get together for a mega event to show case all their lovely creations under one roof, this can't get any sweeter or better !

The Home Baker's Guild(founded by KP Balakumar and Nanditha Sashidharan) in association with Crimson Chakra (Thanks to Nikhil Moturi) along with the 14 lovely bakers who will be baking for the event .... presents ... "Meet The Bakers, a mega baker showcase in Chennai".  From cookies totarts to pies to cakes to cup cakes to muffins to puddings to what not, they are all going to be available for sale made by our very own home bakers. A great way to get to meet and chat with them as we munch on their freshly baked goodies :)




To get to know more details on the Home Bakers Guild or the bakers who will be showcasing their products on the big day, you can also follow Deepa's blog who is doing interviews with the Bakers :)

There will also be a lot more details about the event and the bakers in the coming days :) watch this space for more !

P.S. : I have also started baking in the last month or so .. if your wondering, no I'm not baking for this event :D


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to have you contribute this piece, as this indicates you are well.

As for your baking, for the likes of me, sugar is to be avoided at all cost, and besides, I think some of us are 'sweet enough'!

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Anonymous:

:) Thank you! When I start baking full fledged, I will surely have a sugar free version of most of the items we make :)

tanishkar said...

Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u.

Chennai Cakes